Ultrasound of the Prostate (Features of Diagnosis and Forms of Deception)
Correctly conducted ultrasound of the prostate and the bladder provides important information for determining the course of further treatment of the sick person. This diagnostic detects prostate volume, presence of stones in the prostate and in the bladder, presence of residual urine in the bladder, thickness of its walls.
How simple! There are lots of diagnostic centers of this kind. A man makes the analysis and takes the further decision, but… Sick people not in all cases trust medical conclusions. The most curious patients try to check them. I often hear stories about falsified analysis results from users of my method. Here are some of many examples. The patient does ultrasound of the prostate in hospital A and receives a conclusion that the volume of the prostate is 63 cm3. The next day he does the same test in hospital B, and he has different figures – 45 cm3. Among all of the stories I have ever heard, I will never forget one from the patient who is a doctor (a very decent, respected man). One day he did an ultrasound of the bladder and transrectal ultrasonography of the prostate in two hospitals and received completely different results (the difference was more than 50 %!) I tried to clarify the essence of such discrepancies from the experts several times without success. Therefore, let me express my own assumptions:
- poor professional level of diagnosticians;
- diagnostic equipment of poor quality;
- diagnosis is the beginning of so-called treatment process, and more specifically, the contact of the patient with the doctor. Dishonest doctor overstates the results with the aim of attracting new patients as a source of income;
Based on the above recommended it is necessary:
- to ask without tension about possibilities offered by the ultrasound. It would be useful to get acquainted with the features of the ultrasound system via the Internet in advance;
- to clarify the essence of the procedure. It must necessarily include transrectal ultrasound of the prostate (TRUS), which will give you much more accurate info than ultrasonography of the prostate (ultrasound);
- to have the prostate and the bladder examined by specialist focusing exclusively on diagnosis or by high level urologist;
- to prepare for testing properly. Do not cause excessive overflow of the bladder (this is the wrong recommendation distorting analysis). Doing this you eliminate the possibility of spasm, and, as a consequence, subsequent incomplete emptying;
- to understand the results of the analysis immediately after the completion of the process in the presence of the diagnostician.
In general, it is necessary to be awake not only for a patient from the countryside, but also for people from large cities, like London or New-York, Los Angeles or Montreal, Sidney or Chicago, Melbourne or Philadelphia.
Thanks for your interest in my web-site and the method Living without BPH (it is also available in Turkish, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Italian, French, Russian, Polish, German).
Gennady Plotyan, the author of the content devoted to symptoms, consequences of wrong intervention, treatment of BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia).
Preparation of the project (the list of sources, links, help)